Friday, September 28, 2007

Draft Last Night

FanHockey draft was held online last night and I think I came out alright. I lucked out by drawing the 3rd overall pick and was quite pleased when Dany Heatley was available. But I made two slight mistakes due to my incompetence with the draft gui, delivering me Niklas Lidstrom a little earlier than I wanted and Shane O'Brien as my goon instead of Brendan Witt. Shouldn't hurt too much, though. Looks like the teams I'll most be following this year are Ottawa, Tampa and the Wild. I think I have 3 players from each team on my roster.

Yeah, Heatley was a Badger, but I'm an equal opportunity appreciator of former college players when they make it to the NHL. I just enjoy seeing the college game churning out more top-notch talent than ever, because college puck is my favorite sport.

Rest of my squad, Third Man In, includes (but is not limited to):
Dany Heatley, LW, OTT
Brad Richards, C, TB
Niklas Lidstrom, D, DET
Brian Rolston, RW, MIN
Paul Kariya, RW, STL
Paul Martin, D, NJ
Ray Emery, G, OTT
Josh Harding, G, MIN
Martin St. Louis, RW, TB
Shane O'Brien, D, TB
Mike Cammalleri, C, LA
Eric Belanger, C, MIN
Simon Gagne, LW, PHI
Wade Redden, D, OTT
Michael Roszival, D, NYR

No comments: