Monday, November 12, 2007

Current Thoughts

My current thoughts on the green store idea is that, within the 1 year before it could possibly open, Home Depot, Lowe's & Menard's will have plenty of green offerings in their stables. I'm not exactly sure how a little guy could compete.

My rationale: Maybe it's just the little cocoon that I live in, but this green movement is everywhere. Every magazine, NBC, and many corporations are involve, even if for many its only greenwashing. But I just find it hard to believe that by January 2009 you won't be able to walk into a Home Depot, Lowe's or Menard's and choose from a large selection of high quality recycled glass countertops.

And if it is true that Hollywood and the press tend to be more liberal, it will only be spread more in the future.

I'm thinking the future here is more on the production side, because green products will all be distributed through current channels.

Am I wrong? Is there still a place for the little man? Will consumers trust their green greenbacks to the behemoths?

No comments: