Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Curve Balls

Had a couple curve balls thrown at me this afternoon -- one at work and one at school. Work first: the project I've been working on for the past year+ is not getting shit-canned exactly, but is being transferred and effectively put on hold. Word is that they'll find something for me and I'm not worried about job security or anything.

Second is at school: my green store consulting project was waiting for a condo project to get going in order to be a tenant on the ground floor. But it was not surprising to learn that the condo cannot find funding, so they're switching gears to the airport opportunity. This is exciting because it infuses our group with a sense of urgency and purpose, as opposed to the 6-month timeline we had been working on. We'll be cranking out pro-forma financials in the next few weeks using a franchise-at-the-airport model. So that'll be interesting.

No comments: