Sunday, January 20, 2008

MBTI Personality Type -- INTP

Through work I took the full Meyers-Briggs Type Indicator survey a few years ago. It's a series of 93 questions that rates you on each of four binary scales: Introversion or Extroversion, Sensing or Intuition, Thinking or Feeling, Judging or Perceiving. That yields 16 possible personality types (each being equal, none is right or wrong or better, blah blah blah. I registered as INTP.

Then I just took this shorter quiz online and in only 12 questions got the same result -- INTP. So what I'm saying is that I'm impressed with the accuracy and the brevity of this one linked below. However, I don't necessarily like their classification of "very rare" since there are 16 different potential outcomes. That means each would normally be in about 6% of people, so mine being in 4% isn't too abnormal.


Your Personality is Very Rare (INTP)

Your personality type is goofy, imaginative, relaxed, and brilliant.

Only about 4% of all people have your personality, including 2% of all women and 6% of all men
You are Introverted, Intuitive, Thinking, and Perceiving.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm an INTP too... and there are rarer types, but also much more common types. 3% of population is an INTP.
I understand that other types can be as large as 16%...

Frantz

frantz.perea@gmail.com