Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Shine A Light

It's been a long time since I've spent a Monday night at the Entry for a rock show, but tonight reminded me what I love about life: live rock music and not having to worry about tomorrow morning. Life is better when you're donating blood at 9:15 and don't have any meetings until 11:00.

Kickass Canadian rockers The Constantines were in the Entry tonight. Mikko and I decided to go even though it was a school night. In the olden days this was a regular occurrence, but of late we have been much more discerning about which acts are worthy of our weeknight attendance. The Constantines were absolutely worthy.

They played a lot of their older stuff, with which I am more familiar, and sounded great to the 100 people in the Entry. Frankly, I thought there'd be more people there. It's one of those deals where you think this is one of the gret rock bands of the day and assume that others feel the same, so I was a little surprised it wasn't sold out. The Entry only holds about 200 packed to the gills. But all the better for the rest of us. I don't care much for crowds anyways.

Anybody want to roadtrip to Winnipeg to catch 'em Tuesday night? We should probably be gettin' a move on.

No comments: