Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Yellow Pages & Catalog Opt-Out

Sick of receiving the yellow pages (and the white pages)? Go here to opt-out. I just submitted so I'm not sure if it actually works or not. I've also signed up for a similar deal at CatalogChoice.org for unwanted catalogs (like the damn Pottery Barn catalog that has been haunting me for 10 years and 5 different addresses after I bought my sister a Christmas gift there way back when). However, I am still pestered by Pottery Barn and Williams-Sonoma regularly, so I'm not sure how well the catalog choice one works. Can't hurt, though. I haven't noticed any evil alterior motive and I'm under the impression that more upset consumers opting out just gives them more leverage with the retailers.



1 comment:

Mikko said...

This.... is AWESOME...if it works.

I just went to opt out, too. Can I opt out on the weekly/random coupon mailers too?