Sunday, August 10, 2008

At the Cabin

I drove up to the cabin Thursday evening and there's internet access up here now. I'm not really sure what I think about that, because here I sit on a glorious morning writing a blog entry instead of sitting down at the beach or something. But I guess it is pretty practical to have. It's nice to be able to check email and keep up on the news and not be completely disconnected.

And we did spend plenty of time outdoors the past couple days. Friday and Saturday each held a 35-mile bike ride, yesterday's split between Lake Itasca State Park and the Mi-Gi-Zi trail up at Cass Lake. There's a beautiful 15-mile one-way road loop at Itasca that is like a roller coaster and super fun to ride on. Mi-Gi-Zi was similarly enjoyable, winding and hilly and scenic.

It's NHRA drag racing weekend at BIR (Brainerd International Raceway) and you know what that means: great people watching! Yes, the rednecks are out in force and Mikko and I had quite a fun time at the bar last night. You've never seen so many sunglasses perched atop backwards baseball caps on goateed gentlemen indoors after dark.

No comments: