Monday, August 4, 2008

Six Random Things

Spirophita tagged me to write 6 random things about myself. Thanks for the tag. Here goes...
  1. I'm a bar snob. Some people are super sensitive about how their hair looks or their car. Me, I'm super sensitive about the bar I'm drinking in. Atmosphere is extremely important and I can be a whiny bitch in a lame bar. My choices are generally (but not always, depending on my mood) outlined here.
  2. I didn't really drink until I turned 21 and was in Japan for a month for school. It would have been rude of me to turn down the sake from my host father. I've made up for it since then, though. But I was a good kid. Quiet. Smart. Had my 4 or 5 really good friends but wasn't very social beyond that. I think there was actually a time (probably 7th gradeish) where I wore different MN Gopher shirts to school 3 or 4 days each week. Ouch.
  3. I'd love to be an eco-architect, but am not sure if at this stage of my life I want to go to school for 3.5 years full time and then make half as much money as I'm making now for another 3 or 4. At any rate, I'd love to find me a career where I could make a comfortable living in a sustainable way.
  4. I have seen the Supersuckers play live rock shows in Mpls, Seattle, Boston and Austin, TX. However, I haven't seen them in a few years and probably never will again. They were fantastic in their day, though.
  5. I was mailed 2 recently published books, photo histories of Mpls and St. Paul, with the hope that I would favorably review them on this blog. I read through them both and they each had a few photos which made an impression on me, especially the ones along the river and Swede Hollow in the St. Paul book "Historic Photos of St. Paul". They might make a nice gift for someone of an older generation who could reminisce much more than I.
  6. My car has been broken into 6 times. Every stereo stolen was a very average stereo, but the bass guitar stolen was a hamburglar gem.
  • 1987 - Radio stolen from my Mom's Pontiac Safari station wagon when I had the family truckster at a Twins game (parked for free near the Cabooze)
  • 1991 - Radio almost stolen from my 1980 Ford Fairmont Futura when I was a senior at St. Olaf. The security guy scared off the thief while they were in my car. They ran and dropped the pull-out radio. Remember pull-out car radios?
  • 1995 - Stereo stolen from my 1995 Saturn when parked on Bryant Ave. while I was watching a movie at the Lagoon
  • 1996 - Stereo stolen from my 1995 Saturn when parked in the lot on Selby next to the Cathedral and across the street from an old apartment.
  • 2001 - Bass guitar stolen from trunk when parked in Mac-Groveland after that show at O'Gara's where I talked back to some annoying drunks in the crowd. Did they follow me?
  • 2006 - Stereo stolen from my 1995 Saturn when parked in my supposedly secure parking ramp in Lowertown.

1 comment:

Spirophita said...

Thanks for answers! :)

Wow, that's a lot of times having your car broken into. The only thing I can come back with is that I've had my chin broken 4 times. Not as cool as yours, though.