Thursday, May 14, 2009

Bike to Work Day Today

Today is the gramatically challenged Bike Walk to Work Day in the Twin Cities. I had the pleasure of meeting up with 3 co-workers along Summit Ave. at St. Thomas and lead them on a group ride to work in downtown Mpls. I start downtown St. Paul, so I rode the first half of my ride alone before joining up with the other 3. It certainly was plenty windy this morning, but I counted more than 60 other bicyclists along my route and I'm pretty sure that's a record (compared to the other 3 times I've actually counted, I mean).

Another co-worker led in a group ride of Thriventeers from Uptown and there were 9 cyclists in that posse. I was glad that Liz suggested I bring a camera because I got some great shots which I might throw up on here later.

It's great to see this event growing every year.

No comments: