Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Suburban office park hell

I'm spending Monday to Wednesday this week in a corporate training
facility in Suburban office park hell. I think it has become crystal
clear to me that I really don't enjoy listening to strangers tell
stories about their children or impart to me in some other way how
their entire life revolves around their kids.

To wit: when sharing our "best recent entertainment experience" two of
the people at my table said the Harry potter movie and one said going
to the bouncy air castle fun park in Eden prairie with her kid for a
birthday party. Ughh. I said the Sonic Youth concert at first ave.

Times like these reinforce to me how little I have in common with so
many people. Truthfully, I'm a bit repulsed by these situations.

--------
Kirk is... goin' mobile.

No comments: