Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Indo Countdown

5 days and counting until my 6am flight leaves for Chicago on Monday morning.  Then it's 14 hours to Seoul, South Korea and then another 7+ hours to Bali, Indonesia.  I arrive Tuesday at midnight local time, so it effectively takes me 42 hours to get there because Bali is 14 hours ahead of us.

I've got my list together and have checked it more than twice.  I'll be packing in just a carry-on sized backpack so hopefully all this stuff will fit:
  • 1 pair pants
  • 2 pair shorts
  • 1 pair boardshorts (swim trunks for surfers)
  • 4 shirts (2 wicking t-shirts, 2 button-up shortsleeve)
  • hiking trail shoes
  • flip-flops (will be weird cuz I'm not a flip-flop guy like those kids these days)
  • socks & underwear
  • rain jacket
  • contact lenses
  • re-wetting drops for contact lenses
  • spare glasses
  • sunglasses
  • chamois towel
  • hat
  • headlamp
  • mosquito repellant
  • malaria pills
  • money belt
  • minimalist watch
  • toilet paper
  • water bottle
  • minimalist clothes line (thanks Sarah)
  • earplugs
  • zip-lock freezer bags (to keep money in zipped pockets when surfing)
  • journal & pen
  • toiletries
  • photo copy of passport & credit cards
  • passport
  • credit cards
  • 2 paperback books I can discard
  • Lonely Planet Indonesia
  • iPhone w/ headphones
  • camera
  • ac/dc power converters
  • charger cables for phone, camera
Am I missing anything?


SCUBA lessons this weekend in Mpls and I should be good to go!

2 comments:

Karin said...

Sounds like you've got it covered. Safe travels! Looking forward to hearing about your journey as you go.

Kirk said...

Thanks Karin! Hopefully internet cafes will be available at most of my stops.