Monday, December 13, 2010

Halfway Point

Perhaps some more jottings as I finish the first half of the trip...

The beard isn't looking so bad after all. It's not the fullest and I'd prefer a little more pepper and less salt, but it's not too shabby... I'm getting sick and tired of reggae music (as if I didn't already not like it). There's more Bob Marley being played around here than on Cheney's spring break mix tape... I feel priveleged to be traveling for a month but virtually every westerner I meet is traveling longer... That sunset over Lumbuanbajo harbor last night with the sunlight sparkling on the ocean and the myriad islands fading into the distant clouds was one you could watch a million times, good Lord willin'... Boring banana pancakes the last few mornings tell me the ones I had on Gili T. last week were truly exceptional... Uploading photos from camera is painfully slow so I'll try tojust get a few up... What seemd like a great idea to share additional camera fee at Komodo National Park with Oliver and Roman isn't looking so good now that Roman and his camera have disappeared before we shared contact info... Doing all my laundry today via my hotel... It's been comfortably cool the past week with island breezes blowing, but I think I'm leaving that for hot & humid as I enter the Sumatra jungle in the next few days. Destinations are Bukit Lawang and Gunung Leuser National Park for orangutans, elephants & jungle trekking and Pulau Weh for diving.

3 comments:

Karin said...

The kids will be back to school tomorrow after 2 snow/cold days. Enjoy the green, the sun and the blue waters cause it is white here! Glad you survived the rough seas (barely).

M said...

Is the banana pancake the new tagine (Morocco)?

Kirk said...

The new tagine is definitely rice with vegetables, chicken & tofu. It's everywhere.