Monday, December 6, 2010

One Week In

One week down, three to go. I'm not exactly re-examining my life quite yet, but am reinforcing how important this sort of experience is for me. I'm feeling realy good, eating well (all natural), walking a lot and biking some. It also feels good to have a whole month to lessen the stress of travel because I don't have to be in a hurry and am completely free to go with the flow and select from any number of excellent options.

I have tended to travel under the notion of one country at a time, as opposed to, say, trying to cram in that once-in-a-lifetime trip to London, Paris & Rome in 2 weeks. No matter where I'v been, the guidebook research always reveals far more travel treasures than I ever expected and the planned duration is never long enough to do it all. But a month feels great and I'm lucky to work for an employer that allows its vital human resources more latitude than most in America. If a corporation with thousands of employees can't find a way to allow one to leave for a month, then I believe it has a flawed structure.

gotta fly.  scuba calls.

1 comment:

Karin said...

Well, they say it takes two weeks away from work to really relax! Tell the dolphins hi from Elli and the sharks hi from Finn.