Friday, October 24, 2014

Things That Pop Into My Head While Meditating



  • relax
  • feel the weight of your body
  • become one with your environment
  • focus on the breath
  • set your intentions... my intentions are to be more mindful to avoid junk food and be a great listener (by which I mean I want to impress the ladies with my amazing empathy so that one of them might want to actually spend significant time with me)
  • just breathe...
  • that Janine is really cute... I wonder if she'd go out with me
  • it's okay to lose focus on the breath... just gently bring it back to the breath
  • I'm really doing well today. That was a long streak of uninterrupted breathing
  • c'mon now... back to the breath... good...
  • I should tell Janine about how well I'm doing with my meditation
  • I'm pretty sure Janine rides a bike around town... bikes are awesome...
  • Note to self: remember to check your tire pressure before biking to the library today because there's that slow leak in your rear tire
  • c'mon! Stop making to-do lists while you're meditating...
  • just focus on the breath
  • breathe...
  • it's okay to lose focus on the breath... just bring it back...
  • losing focus is part of meditation, that's why it's a practice... just breathe and empty your mind
  • breathe...
  • I think I went, like 15 breaths without interruption. Yes! Janine would be so impressed!
  • alright....back to the breath...
  • we're just breathing...
  • I should write a blog post about all the things that pop into my mind while I'm meditating. Maybe it'll be McSweeney's material.

No comments: