Monday, July 4, 2016

Rio Redux

If you've been following along with my travels in South America than you may remember that I visited Rio de Janeiro, Brazil back in May. 

Well, I'm back in Rio for the next couple months, and not just for the caipirinhas or the Olympics.

I'm back for a girl. We met the last night I was here in May and only had time for a few drinks. But we really hit it off and now I'm back so we can get to know each other a little better (if you know what I mean). She's smart and funny and beautiful, just like me. 

Last week we spent three nights down at Ilha Grande, an island a few hours southwest of Rio. It's a fun getaway island that has one small town with sand streets and maybe 1,000 residents. There are nice hiking trails that climb over the mountainous interior to beaches and waterfalls.

Me at the beach after a few caipirinhas:

Me at the waterfall, eagerly anticipating my next caipirinha:

Debora, my new special lady friend, at happy hour one afternoon:

WHAT'S NEXT
My plan right now is to stay in Rio with Debora at her condo near famous Ipanema beach through the Olympics in August. Then I'll go back to travel in Peru, Ecuador and Colombia for a few months and we'll connect again for a time either back in Rio or maybe she will join me elsewhere. We shall see.

Obligatory "Girl from Ipanema" reference

2 comments:

Ann Vinciguerra said...

:)

samh said...

I was definitely humming that tune while reading it. Stoked for you, bud.